ESG Emission Calculator
Farm Scope Manual Spreadsheet/Calculator
The spreadsheet/calculator located in the document below asks for total numbers from your operation. Start the process by locating all the following records from your on-farm data:
- Livestock should include all animals at year-end still under farm ownership.
- Fertilizers are recorded as the actual nitrogen applied.
- Burning requires an estimate of the total dry matter consumed.
- Fuels required litres and gigajoules consumed.
- Soil sequestration requires hectares under management, new croplands added, and lands sold for development in the year assessed.
- Farm data should be a yearly total.
Your calculation will be based on the following emissions:
1. Scope 1 Emissions
Direct greenhouse (GHG) emissions occur from sources that are controlled or owned by the farm.
2. Scope 2 Emissions
Indirect GHG emissions are associated with the purchase of electricity, steam, heat, or cooling. Scope 2 emissions physically occur at the facility where they are generated. The emissions are accounted for in a farm’s GHG inventory due to the farm’s energy consumption.
Download one of the documents below for more information and the Farm Scope spreadsheet/calculator.